Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day 3 - Bandits, Dragons, and Wolves

I left off last time speaking of dragons. A week ago, I'd have laughed at anyone who told me I would be fighting dragons. But I DID in fact fight one. I rejoiced as my blade hacked at that monster. He breathed flame, he snapped icy jaws of death... and I took his head from his body and howled at the sky.

For a moment, I think I almost knew what it was to be a Nord. At any rate, I was the hero of the hour! When one of the men clapped me on a wound, though, I let out a shout. Or should I say "Shout"? Men stumbled from the force of my voice! How awesome is that, right?

Next thing I know, I've been surrounded while a guard talks about Dragonborn! Me? A Dark Elf? The gods must be joking! Especially here, amongst the Talos Worshippers of Skyrim. It's almost an assault on their beliefs. Which, now that I think about it, they need. So never mind! Let the Gods' sense of humor reign!

I strode into town, triumphant. I announced our victory to the Jarl... he gave me a nice axe (which I promptly put on the enchanting table to learn its secrets. A small hobby of mine, I'm sure he'll never notice.) He named me Thane for being such a hero, which I considered a kind gesture. Then I find out I have to travel SEVEN THOUSAND STEPS into the air. Hello? I have feet for a reason! I don't want to go into the AIR!

At least I got a nice house. I was able to store many things in there... things like the bits of metal and leather I'd picked up on my journey. I also was given a servant... Lydia. I'm not sure what to make of Lydia... she is pretty enough, but so sarcastic. Her respect for the dead is typical of Nords as well... she has none.

At least she can protect my home, now that I've gotten the furniture arranged.

` Ei'lor Yidhra
Thane of Whiterun

1 comment:

  1. Ever wonder if Lydia contemplates about how the Jarl doesn't pay her enough to do all the things she does?

    ReplyDelete